Services and activities
To date, we have been providing Panorama Mediclinic with full time nutritional therapeutic services in both in and out of the hospital for the past 16 years. We also see patients at the Life Path Health clinics, Nurturehealth Cape View Stepdown facility and Fresenius Dialysis units in Panorama and Athlone.
Each patient receives a file with dietary advice, guidelines and a meal plan on their first visit.
Thereafter follow up sessions are made, according to their needs and goals. Fun topics are also discussed in follow up sessions, such as up-to-date shopping lists, nutritional content of food, food and label etiquette and more.
The primary services we have been offering include therapeutic nutrition, on both in- and out-patient basis, in the fields of:
- Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
- Liver and kidney disease
- Throat, stomach, intestinal disorders (IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, constipation)
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Food related allergies and intolerance
- Eating disorders
The additional services we have been providing include:
- Reviewing Menus and special diets for facilities such as Retirement villages, school boarding establishments and child day care facilities.
- Updating our Facebook page on a regular basis, so relevant and fun, healthy information can be shared with patients and keep them motivated (www.facebook.com/PanoramaDietitians)
- The presence and advice of registered dietitians at support groups for patients E.g. Healing Hearts, Diabetic and Renal Support Groups at Panorama Mediclinic.
- Giving talks and lectures to various groups within the community. E.g. University of Stellenbosch, CPUT food technology nutrition module
- Presenting radio talks
- Contributing to various magazine articles on health related issues (Fairlady, YOU/Huisgenoot, Rooi Rose, Shape, Media 24, Cosmopolitan).
- Contributing to various newspaper articles on health related issues
- Contributing to various television shows (Doctor’s orders TV show, Espresso).
- Offering our nutritional services and Discovery Vitality Nutrition Assessments at Wellness Days.